Best Quality Fire Bricks Manufacturers
We are among the leading manufacturers of fireproof bricks, boiler bricks, furnace bricks, and refractory fire bricks in India, with a production capacity of more than 5000 bricks/day.
Our fire bricks are made from high-grade fire clay (plastic and non-plastic). These bricks are pressed in 120 MT friction screw presses and fired in a 200 ft long, semi automized tunnel kiln at a temperature of more than 1200 deg C.
Although can manufacturer any size of fire bricks as per the requirement, specific standard sizes are commonly used.
Fire Bricks Standard Sizes:
||Side Taper (Side Arch)
||End Taper (End Arch)
|9” x 4.5” x 3”
||9” x 4.5” x 3”/2.75”
|9”x 4.5” x 2”
||9” x 4.5”x3”/2.5”
||9” x 4.5”x3”/2.5”
|9”x 4.5” x 1.5”
|9”x 4.5” x 1”
Note: We can also make customized shapes as per the requirement.
Fire Bircks Application:
- Low and moderate heating zones of Boilers
- Kilns and Furnaces
- Chimney Ducts
Fire bricks, also called refractory bricks or alumina bricks, are bricks or shapes which can withstand high temperatures (up to 1800 deg C) without any deformation or fusion.
Features of Fire Bricks
- They can withstand high temperatures.
- They have low thermal conductivity.
- They have low water absorption.
- They are somewhat chemically resistant.
- They are available in various shapes, sizes, and grades.
Refractory Fire Bricks Manufacturing Process
- These fire bricks are made from Plastic and Non-plastic fire clays, Bauxite, and Grog.
- The raw materials are mixed in fixed ratios and then ground to the desired size in a grinding unit.
- This ground material is then mixed with water in a muller or U-mixer.
- That ground semi-solid material is then pressed in friction presses for the desired shape.
- They are then left at atmospheric temperature for 2-3 days for drying. Once dried, they are placed on trolleys and sent to the tunnel kiln for firing.
- They are fired at a temperature of 1200 deg C and above. The process of firing takes about 48 hrs. Once fired, they are cooled and then removed from the trolleys. These bricks are now ready for dispatch.
What Makes Them Sustain High Temperatures?
The life and temperature limit it can withstand depends upon various physical and chemical properties. These properties are Alumina, Iron, Compact crushing (CCS), and Flexural strength.
- Alumina: Higher the alumina content, the higher the operating temperature of the fire bricks will be. At Refmon, we manufacture fire bricks with Alumina content ranging from 35% to 80%.
- Iron: Lesser the less iron content, the higher the life of the bricks will be. Refmon fire bricks manufacture with as little as 2% iron content.
- Compact crushing strength (CCS): The higher the CCS of the fire bricks, the better its performance.
- Flexural Strength: The higher the flexural strength, the higher is the load-bearing capacity of the bricks at high temperatures.
Where Are Fire Bricks Used?
These fire proof bricks are used in applications with heavy mechanical and thermal stresses like:
and almost everywhere where there is a fire or high-temperature liquids/gases.